In law school, Steve quickly determined that specializing as a trial lawyer in personal injury cases was his calling. After graduating as one of the top ten students in his class, he has since dedicated his entire career to representing personal injury victims. He deeply empathizes with his clients and values the friendships he builds with them over the course of their cases. For Steve, there is no greater honor than making a difference in his clients’ lives by obtaining the compensation they deserve.
Steve has procured numerous successful outcomes for the clients of Wilt & Klausing, PLLC. Steve is a member of the Kentucky Justice Association’s Leadership Academy – an organization dedicated to protecting the rights of personal injury victims and providing dynamic leadership to the legal profession and the Commonwealth of Kentucky. He has also been selected by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys as a “10 Best Attorney High Verdict & Settlement Winner” and recognized by the National Trial Lawyers as the “Top 40 Under 40” Civil-Plaintiff lawyers in Kentucky.
Steve has been admitted to practice in all of Kentucky’s state trial courts, the Kentucky Court of Appeals, the Kentucky Supreme Court, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, and the United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky. Steve has effectively presented oral arguments at the Kentucky appellate level. He has also been admitted to practice pro hac vice in Ohio, Indiana, and West Virginia.
Outside of court, you might find Steve playing basketball, tennis, or racquetball. He enjoys watching sporting events, movies, and spending time with family and friends. In addition, as a hobby, he rehabilitates/improves distressed single-family residential homes.
Steve is always more than happy to speak to clients and potential clients regarding their claims in order to address their questions and ease their concerns. You can rest assured that he will work tirelessly on your case and provide the quality legal representation that you deserve. Please call Steve anytime for a free consultation. We believe that you will find that he is the right trial attorney for you.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- 50% Medical Malpractice
- 30% Personal Injury/Motor Vehicle Accidents
- 10% Brain Injury
- 10% Birth Injury
- Supreme Court of Kentucky, 2011
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 2018
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2013
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- J.D. magna cum laude – 2011
- Honors: Member of the Brandeis Honor Society
- Honors: Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Law Review: University of Louisville Law Review Volume 48, Member, 2009 – 2010
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
- B.A. summa cum laude – 2008
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section
- Louisville Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Kentucky Justice Association Leadership Academy
- 10 Best Attorney High Verdict & Settlement Winner
- National Trial Lawyers “Top 40 Under 40” Civil-Plaintiff Lawyers in Kentucky