Placental Abruption Malpractice Lawsuit in Kentucky

Placental abruption can be terrifying for pregnant women and life-threatening to both the mother and the baby. Despite the fact that placental abruption can be caught and treated before it becomes fatal, there are still many instances of placental abruption that aren’t diagnosed in time. 

When this happens, you may be entitled to financial compensation through a Kentucky medical malpractice lawsuit. Continue reading to learn more about what placental abruption is and when you should consider filing a lawsuit.

What Is Placental Abruption?

Placental abruption occurs when the placenta detaches from the inner wall of the uterus before delivery. The placenta is the life force of an unborn baby, and when it detaches from the womb too soon, the baby can be deprived of nutrients and oxygen. As mentioned, placental abruption can be life-threatening for both the unborn baby and the mother.

When to Sue for a Complication during Pregnancy, Labor, or Delivery

The key to filing a medical malpractice lawsuit for placental abruption or another pregnancy complication is being able to prove a breach in the medical standard of care. 

If any medical professional who provided you with prenatal care, cared for you during your labor and delivery, or cared for your baby after birth made a mistake that another professional in the same setting would not have made, a lawsuit may be appropriate. It can be difficult to know if medical errors were made, but you can discuss your case with your attorney to learn more about whether a medical malpractice claim is advised for you.

Meet with a Kentucky Medical Malpractice Lawyer

If you have suffered from placental abruption and are interested in learning more about what your legal options are for financial recovery, contact an experienced Kentucky medical malpractice lawyer at Wilt & Associates, PLLC, to discuss the individual details of your legal case. 

You can schedule a free consultation at our firm by giving our office a call at 502-253-9110 or filling out the quick contact form located at the bottom of this page.