Who Can Be Sued for Medical Malpractice in Kentucky?

Suffering an illness or injury is never easy, but when these conditions were directly or indirectly caused by a medical professional who was supposed to help you heal, you may have a viable medical malpractice lawsuit. 

But, you still need to determine who is responsible for your injuries and losses. Continue reading to learn more about whom can be sued for medical malpractice in Kentucky. 

The Medical Standard of Care

The medical standard of care is the basis for any medical malpractice lawsuit. Essentially, these are the decisions that any reasonably competent medical professional would have made in any given medical situation. A breach of this standard of care is what warrants the pursuit of a medical malpractice claim. 

For example, if one physician fails to treat a medical condition that another physician of similar education, training, and experience would have treated, the former could be subjected to a medical malpractice lawsuit as the medical standard of care was not met. 

Parties That Could Be Named Liable in Your Kentucky Medical Malpractice Claim

The good news is that no medical professional is exempt from having a medical malpractice lawsuit brought against them if they failed to uphold the duty of care. This means that any person within the medical community can be held accountable for their negligence. Such parties might include:

  • Physicians
  • Nurses
  • Obstetricians
  • Hospitals
  • Surgeons
  • Anesthesiologists
  • Doctor’s offices
  • Midwives
  • Certified nursing assistants

Contact a Kentucky Medical Malpractice Lawyer

For help filing a civil claim against the medical professional who could be to blame for your medical condition, reach out to a highly trained Kentucky medical malpractice lawyer at Wilt and Associates, PLLC

We are proud to offer free, no-obligation consultations to medical negligence victims across the state. You can take advantage of this opportunity by filling out the online contact form below or by calling our office at 502-253-9110.