Louisville Car Accident Lawyer
If you have suffered a serious or catastrophic car accident, your life has been altered — at least temporarily, and possibly permanently. Injuries that seemed minor at the time of the wreck can worsen over time, even if treated promptly. You may be suffering economically from lost work time, or facing the prospect of having to either change careers or accept permanent disability as a result of the crash.
At Wilt & Klausing, PLLC, our firm’s attorneys leverage their backgrounds as medical malpractice, insurance and personal injury defense counsel to provide you a 360-degree view of the litigation process. We understand how insurance companies operate when approaching a settlement negotiation. We can pursue your claim in court if settlement is not an option, and we fight vigorously for you to receive all the funds you need to restore a sense of normalcy to your life.
Essential Facts Related To Motor Vehicle Accidents In Kentucky
There are several facts to be aware of if you are considering a personal injury claim related to a car accident in Kentucky, including:
- There are many factors relevant to determining the applicable statute of limitations to claims involving motor vehicle accidents, thus, it is critical to contact an attorney as soon as possible.
- A jury calculates the percentage of fault for each driver in the accident and may reduce your damages proportionally. There are no caps on car accident damages in Kentucky.
Types Of Damages That Can Be Recovered
In your lawsuit, you may sue for both economic and noneconomic damages. Economic damages can include:
- Cost of replacement vehicle
- Rental car expenses
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and earning capacity
Noneconomic expenses may include the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship or affection
- Damages due to disability or disfigurement
Build Your Post-Accident Future
Our firm represents personal injury clients across Kentucky. Discover the difference that experienced representation can make. Call our Louisville-based office today at 800-675-4691 or use our online intake form to set up your free case evaluation with one of our lawyers.